} -->

Tuesday 1 April 2014

How I Got Started on Teacherspayteacher


While I was in uni studying to be a teacher I had a part time job. What I loved about it was that I could easily do extra hours and earn more money whenever I wanted. If I didn't feel like extra work I didn't take anything extra on. Its nice being able to earn extra money and I often miss it. I have tried a couple of online things to make extra money.

In 2012 I began making Youtube videos, an enjoyable hobby that I hoped would end up putting a little extra in the bank. A year later I had made a tiny bit of money but was frustrated with putting up what I thought was quality videos and not getting the views or subscribers. I no longer enjoyed it and looked for my next opportunity.

Late 2012 I joined a host of survey sites online and spent countless hours (multi-tasking while being a couch potato) filling in surveys. Again I made a little bit of money but became frustrated at the constant time spent doing a survey only to have "this survey is not right for you" appear 20 minutes in and get no rewards for it. It quickly became repetitious and while I still receive the emails I don't do the surveys. I made a little more then Youtube but it took up more time and was less enjoyable.

In July last year I finally got on board the Pinterest train and quickly got addicted. It wasn't long before a pin lead me to Teacherspayteachers. Like so many other teachers I make a lot of my own resources and thought "I could do that." A little umming and arrhing later I had uploaded my first product!

Check back soon for the next part of my journey. Check out my store here: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Mrs-Amy123 

If you are interested in signing up and selling your own products on TeacherspayTeachers going through the link below will benefit both of us and I am happy to provide support for anyone that needs help getting started that uses the link.
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Signup/referral:MrsAmy123 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amy, can I ask how you created all your own graphics etc so that you TPT docs look inviting to purchases. You hear of people paying graphic designers etc which I just think is crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Natalie,
      I create all my graphics in PowerPoint. I have a blog article that goes through the simple procedures: http://mrsamy123.blogspot.com.au/2015/01/drawing-clip-art-in-powerpoint.html
      A little bit of practice and trial and error and you eventually can whip them up pretty quick!

      Delete